The Buddhist Education Foundation for Canada Community Care Scholarships 2015
We are offering a number of scholarships of $500 per course to students of Emmanuel College of the University of Toronto who are registered in Buddhist Mindfulness and Mental Health Program.
In the semester starting January 2015, two courses are offered in this program, and therefore the scholarships will be given for these two courses. Further scholarships for the September semester will be announced by May 2015.
To apply for this scholarship for the January 2015 semester, please submit the following to BuddhistEduFoundation@rogers.com by December 1, 2014.
1. Your name, address, email address and phone number; and your academic and professional background.
2. The title(s) of the course(s) you are going to register in for which you are applying for this award.
3. Your Buddhist background, your plans to contribute to Buddhist community care in your own community and the community at large, and your future vision of how Buddhist spiritual care can make a difference in people’s lives, and what kind of role you may play in this future – no more than two pages.
4. Your financial circumstances – no more than one page.
5. A letter from a community leader (with contact information) recommending you for this scholarship – no more than one page (we may contact this person by phone or email).
The applications will be reviewed by the Buddhist Community Care Committee of ordained and lay community leaders from the Theravada, Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions. Successful applicants will be contacted by email by January 5, 2015. $250 will be awarded with proof of course registration, and $250 will be awarded with proof of successful course completion.
The post The Buddhist Education Foundation for Canada Community Care Scholarships 2015 appeared first on .