I recently discovered Amita’s website: http://www.buddhisttherapist.com
She is based in British Columbia and a registered clinical counsellor. Here’s what she says on her “About me” page…
I am a Buddhist integrative psychotherapist. I offer:
- telephone and online counselling and psychotherapy
- online and residential courses
- corporate services
Most of my clients are based in Canada, the US and the UK, though I have clients in many countries, from Spain to Afghanistan.
- a Registered Clinical Counsellor
- a member of the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- a member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- a Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) teacher
- a Five Tibetan Yogas facilitator
- training to be a Transformative Mindfulness facilitator
I have an MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy (distinction). For my graduate research I focused on Buddhism, psychotherapy and the treatment of depression. This research became the source material for my first book – The Buddhist Way Through Depression: A Guide for Therapists – which will soon be available.
I write articles on issues relating to the integration of Buddhism and Western psychotherapy, including for the BCACC magazine.
I bring Buddhist and psychotherapeutic tools into the workplace to help organisations function well.
I have been a practising Buddhist for 20 years.
If you think I can help, contact me for a free initial consultation.
In fact, her e-book IS NOW AVAILABLE, on the Amazon Kindle website: The Buddhist Way Through Depression: A Guide for Therapists
The post Amita O’Toole Buddhist Therapist in BC appeared first on .