From the publishers…
PRESS RELEASE June 17, 2011
It is with pleasure that we present the latest issue (Number 6) of the Canadian Journal of Buddhist Studies.
In this issue, you will read
• a comparative essay on Paccekabuddhas, based in Pali and Chinese sources, by Bhikkhu Anālayo;
• a comparative essay on Zen Buddhism and Heidegger by Wing-Cheuk Chan;
• a historical linguistics piece on Aśokan Phonology by Bryan Levman;
• an anthropological article on the Universal Buddhist Temple in Vancouver, Canada, by Paul Crowe; and
• a biographical excerpt on the first Ten Precept Nun in Sri Lanka, by Bhikkhuni Kusuma.
Also read News and Views on Buddhist Studies in Canada.
Please visit http://jps.library.utoronto.ca/index.php/cjbs/ for FREE DOWNLOAD.
The Canadian Journal of Buddhist Studies is a publication of Nalanda College of Buddhist Studies (Canada).
The post Canadian Journal of Buddhist Studies, No. 6, now available appeared first on .