In 2017 we were able to give a donation of $618 to the Buddhist Compassion Tzu Chi Foundation of Canada. This represented the proceeds from sales of Lotus Petals in the Snow, our anthology of writings by Canadian Buddhist women. This year we are making another donation of $136. This represents the proceeds from further sales of the book, plus some proceeds from sales of an Buddhist Astrology.
What do these donations support? Here is a run-down of where Tzu Chi's donations went in 2017:
- Daily breakfasts for nearly 500 students in 12 schools
- Bursaries and school supplies for 1,265 students
- Paid regular visits to 31 senior care centres in 16 cities
- 72,596 hot meals at 19 food banks and shelters
- 42 relief aid distribution events benefitting 3,476 households
- 1,791 patients treated in 96 TCM clinic events
- $112,065 in vital medical equipment for 6 hospitals
- 14 citizenship ceremonies welcoming 993 new Canadians
Thank you for your support of these excellent initiatives!