The Sumeru Press will soon be offering a large curated collection of Buddhist documentaries and feature films on our website (sumeru-books.com).
We have been working with a community of distributors around the world to bring you iconic, important, and inspiring movies that deserve to remain in the public eye. So far we have sourced 20+ films and as soon as the DVDs arrive in a week or so, we will launch that new section of our storefront.
We are planning to add an additional 40 films over the next month or so. In short, we will be offering the largest selection of Buddhist movies in North America, all in one place and, whenever possible, at a price that is substantially lower than the scattered vendors selling some of those movies.
Many of these films are award-winners from international festivals. Many are historically relevant. Sadly, many of them are also hard to find. We hope our new complement to publishing Buddhist books will be of benefit.
Here's the line-up, so far...
- A Zen Life: DT Suzuki
- Brilliant Moon: Glimpses of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
- Burma VJ: Reporting from a Closed Country
- Crazy Wisdom: The Life and Times of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche
- Daughters of Dolma
- Free the Mind
- Golden Kingdom
- How to Cook Your Life
- Meditate and Destroy
- Monk With a Camera: The Life and Journey of Nicholas Vreeland
- Moving From Emptiness: The Life and Art of a Zen Dude
- State of Control
- The Gesar Bard's Tale
- The Song Collector
- Unmistaken Child
- When the Iron Bird Flies: Tibetan Buddhism Arrives in the West
- Yangsi: Reincarnation Is Just the Beginning
We invite you to subscribe to our newsletter, via our home page, for updates...