Leadership & Mindfulness Day Camps for Teens
FOR AGES 13 -17, FULL DAY (9:30 AM – 3:30 PM) 2 WEEKS (JULY 15-19; 22-26, 2013)
FEE: $350/2 WEEKS
Enjoy a respectful and friendly environment to explore the remarkable teaching of the Buddha (Dharma) taught in a stress-free secular context. Learn mental focus, de-stressing, and how to cultivate mindfulness and emotional intelligence. Through discovery and analysis realise your own understanding of the Dharma — engage with a variety of teachers from university professors and graduates & undergraduate students to experts from a variety of professions.
BEYOND HIGH SCHOOL
- Explore music, lyrics and meaning
- Train in the simple and effective techniques of mindfulness meditation
- Cook meals with a real Buddhist chef
- Buddhist Psychology
- Mindfulness Practices / Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership and compassion in a turbulent world
- Journey through the history and rich culture of Buddhism
At the end of the program students will have a deeper understanding of the Dharma values enabling them to think more independently, be more innovative and more courageous in making decisions for themselves and others that are grounded in compassion and wisdom.
Conveniently located downtown at 569 Spadina Ave. (University of Toronto Multi-Faith Centre)
For more details and to enroll, visit www.buddhistschoolforyouth.ca
PDF POSTER: 2013 Buddhist day camp_teens
The post Leadership & Mindfulness Day Camps for Teens 2013 appeared first on .